Monday, March 22, 2010

Just a hopeful aspiring homemaker...

I am a senior preparing to graduate in the spring. Most of my peers are going off to various colleges and earning degrees. Many of the girls are probably hoping to find "Mr. Right" at college and get married. And then the question is whether to keep that job to pay off their student loans or to stay home with their children. Many of those who marry will choose to send their children to daycare and public school while they spend their days at their job. Some won't have children at all.

I am blessed to be homeschooled by a mother who gave up her expensive career to stay at home with her children. All I've wanted to do "when I grow up" for as long as I can remember is to follow in her footsteps and be a stay-at-home wife and mother and homeschool my own children. If it came down to needing a "real" career, I would get a degree in Piano pedagogy, but why spend 4 years and thousands of dollars preparing for a temporary job? My dream is to be a wife and mother, and that's what I am preparing for now.

This blog is to share things from my life as a hopeful aspiring homemaker. Recipes, projects, thoughts, and things that inspire me. I hope it will be encouraging, inspiring, useful or at least amusing for other young women who share my desire of future homemaking.

(Note: This is not meant to be against college for all young ladies, but is simply my explanation of my personal opinion for myself.)

A hopeful aspiring homemaker,

2 comments:

  1. Aww, what a sweet post, Lizzie!

    I look forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete