Sunday, April 25, 2010

Preparing Review

First of all, you may be wondering why I'm so interested in "Preparing To Be A Help Meet." I am not holding out; there is no perspective guy "in my life" and as far as I know, I may not be married even 10 years from now. Honestly, I may never get married. Fortunately, all the skills I am cultivating will be useful whether or not I ever get married. But there has never been a time in my life when I did not believe that God has planned a man for me, and me for him. Whether or not marriage is in my future, this book has helped my perspective and understanding of men, and has also helped with the image of the woman I hope to be.

Too many girls will "live their life" and then suddenly find themselves in a relationship and wanting to get married. Once married, they will have many tasks for which they may have spent very little time preparing. Cooking three meals a day, keeping a house clean by yourself, buying groceries, paying bills and possibly working a job? Sounds a little daunting to me, and that doesn't even include things like adjusting to living with your man instead of your family, submitting to him, honoring and reverencing him and learning to serve him.

So many girls spend 4 years at college preparing for a job. If you prepare for that job 4 years, how long do you want to prepare for a marriage that will hopefully last the rest of your life? If marriage is even a vague possibility for you, I recommend that you read this book, and start preparing now to be a help meet. It can't hurt.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment