Saturday, September 25, 2010

Imagine 9/11 happening every day...

And that's how many lives are lost every day in American abortion clinics. Isn't it strange that we can be outraged at that loss of life when it's inflicted by terrorists, but when that many mothers intentionally submit their unborn babies to be murdered by doctors, it's accepted as a common, every day occurrence? What kind of sick country do we live in, when hundreds of thousands of innocent babies don't get a nod, but 3,000 men and women being killed is a national disaster?

We've all heard that "it's" just a "ball of tissues" and "isn't really alive yet." Is that really true?
In the 3rd week, the baby's heart begins beating.
At 6 weeks, a baby already has hands and feet. Inside the tiny mouth, a tongue and vocal cords are forming.
By 7 weeks, the baby is moving his limbs.
At 8 weeks, the brain is forming, and eyelids and knees are present. Even though the brain is still in the early stages of development, the baby can now feel pain.
 In the 9th week, the baby has ear lobes, and can move all her major joints: shoulders, elbows, wrists, knees and ankles.
 By 10 weeks, the brain is much larger, the liver is producing blood cells and fingernails are growing.
 At 11 weeks, the baby's skin is still transparent, showing many blood vessels. His bones are hardening and tooth buds are forming in his gums.
 In the 12th week, the eyelids become less transparent and the ears have formed; both are almost in their final positions on the baby's head.
 By the end of the 12th week, the baby has her own unique fingerprints.
 At this point in development, in the United States, abortion is still completely legal and easily obtained. Most abortions are performed in the first trimester, but they are legal through the 2nd trimester, and even up to birth for many reasons.

For You created my inmost being; You knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise You because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from You when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,
Your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in Your book before one of them came to be.
Psalm 139:13-16

As a Christian, this legal murder should be shocking and horrifying. I believe the first part of Psalm 139:13 clearly states that each unborn child has a spirit and a soul. Each baby is created in the image of God, and should have the same right to life that every other American citizen does. The hundreds of thousands of babies murdered should be considered a huge atrocity, but it goes on every day. When I consider it, I can hardly think of anything more evil and brutal!

It's easy to push this to the back of our minds and forget about it. I do it all too easily. After all, it's such a big issue, what can I do? It's been in place in our government so long, and things are only getting worse. What can one girl do? Well, to start, I can pray! How much time do I spend asking God for trivial things that I want to work out in my life? Can I spend a few minutes of my prayer time pleading with our Almighty God to protect the innocent babies being aborted every day? Can we volunteer or donate money to Pregnancy Help Care Centers, or other pro-life agencies? What about writing our politicians and voting for pro-life candidates? There are so many things you can do if you want to. The question is, do you really care? Do I really care?

Our country is drenched in the blood of innocent babies, too many of whom are aborted for "convenience." What will we do to stop this government-sanctioned murder?

No comments:

Post a Comment