Monday, December 31, 2012

Farewell to 2012!

It was a year in which we didn't see a single snowflake (well, unless one shows up in the last few hours, but that's not likely), but there were many things to make up for that. 

I experienced what I think was pneumonia, and survived without visiting a hospital. I learned a lot about health as a result, and got the jump start I needed to lose a few pounds (which lasted until all the holiday sweets and treats wore down my defenses, but that will soon be remedied) and I think I've finally discovered the secret to keeping weight off long-term.



I checked an exciting item off my bucket list with my first plane trip. It was also the first time I had been away from my family for a whole week. I greatly enjoyed my trip to Michigan, and my time visiting my cousin and his wife and new baby girl!

We attended Wicked performed by Broadway on tour for our second time, and it was even more exciting than the first time!



My old computer crashed, and I purchased my first laptop. I also shared in the purchase of a macro lens with Sarah, but I've been the primary user, and it's now my favorite lens. 


Finally, after much searching and pondering, we got a source of raw milk (and other wonderful dairy and farm products like grass-fed beef) and I'm addicted. The raw ice cream with no guilt has certainly been one of my top health high-lights of this year.

We were able to take our beach trip in the late summer, and enjoyed lovely weather, except for one cozy, rainy day. 

 
I turned 21, which I always thought should feel like a landmark, but I still don't feel like I'm 21. I do think I grew and changed a lot this year, and while I feel older, I don't know that I feel like 21 yet. I'm certainly not where I thought I'd be 10 years ago, so maybe that's a part of my mental disparity.
 
Overall, this year seemed fairly calm and relaxed on the outside, but it was really an emotional roller coaster and mentally exhausting year for me. God used it all for my good, as He promised, and I'm learning to let go of my plans and dreams, and simply trust Him. 

For 2013, I'm hoping for a year with less internal turmoil. Faithfully following God where ever He leads, and leaving the rest up to Him. May we all experience a new year full of His peace and joy, no matter what the circumstances. 

These verses are simply loaded with encouragement, I will leave you with them. Happy New Year!

"And so, from the day we heard, we have not ceased to pray for you, asking that you may be filled with the knowledge of His will in all spiritual wisdom and understanding, so as to walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing to Him, bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God. May you be strengthened with all power, according to His glorious might, for all endurance and patience, with joy giving thanks to the Father who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints in light. He has delivered us from the domain of darkness, and transferred us to the kingdom of His beloved Son, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins."
Colossians 1:9-14

1 comment:

  1. Hello Lizzie,
    What a beautiful traveling! I love visiting family that far from me :)
    I do also not feel like 22 haha :D I look like 14 and it always makes ma so young. and oh I am amazed your struggle for disease. God's mercy and love empowering you and I'm blessed to know this.
    and the raw milk looks so delish! :)

    Praying that God takes you higher in this year!

    ~Blessing

    ReplyDelete