Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Best Foot Forward: Day 2



This is day 2 of Rachel's Best Foot Forward Challenge!  

Today is my busiest piano teaching day of the week, and besides the students I usually teach on Tuesdays I also had 3 new students scheduled for their first lessons, so I wanted to look professional, but also be comfortable. Since it was much cooler today than yesterday, I went for a long-sleeve sweater and a nice warm skirt. I needed something to brighten the gray day, and help me feel sunny and cheerful even though it was gloomy outside, so I chose a bright gold sweater and one of the scarves I received for Christmas, a vibrant burnt orange with a white, leafy design. 


Excuse the smeary mirror and horrible lighting. My sister took pictures of me this morning with her beast of a camera, and then forgot to upload them. She went off to class, and I don't know if I'll get them tonight, but hopefully I'll add them later.

As seen yesterday, my winter footwear is usually boots, and when worn with skirts, tights. These are actually leggings, though, and I wore my thick wool socks to keep my feet warm and cozy. This is what I saw whenever I glanced down at my lap today while teaching. I like this skirt because it looks like a vintage material to me.


I did get to my make-up, which I did exactly the same way as yesterday. I'm very uncreative when it comes to make-up, and I only have one palette (3 shades) of eye-shadow that I like to use for daytime wear, so that certainly doesn't inspire creativity. I ran out of time to do what I was hoping to try with my hair this morning (maybe I'll do it tomorrow) so I ended up putting it in a french braid, which is at least different than my usual last-minute hair-do.


I know you can't really tell exactly what I did with my hair from this picture, but considering how my selfies usually turn out, I'm kind of pleased with this one anyway. My necklace is one of my favorite pieces, a pottery pendant from Seagrove, NC. It has a pretty, vintage design stamped on it. I also wore my watch and two fall-colored bracelets.

I'm really enjoying this challenge and it's not too late to join in if you want! If you do, I'd love it if you'd comment with your link on my blog as well as Rachel's!

Now I'm going to go relax and read Pride and Prejudice for a little while before I fix supper...

No comments:

Post a Comment