Friday, January 18, 2013

Best Foot Forward: Day 5

Yep, I know, it's really late. If I hurry, I might get this up before midnight. We got a pathetic bit of snow, but it was enough to make me feel like being lazy. I had no inspiring thoughts for my hair, which wasn't being cooperative anyway, and then I had to run out this morning and pick up the farm drop (which came on time, and wasn't delayed by the "winter" weather in the slightest). Then I had errands to run, and when I finally arrived home, only about an hour until I had to leave again to watch the basketball game for tonight.

I remembered that I needed a picture at the basketball game, and Sarah snapped one of me right then. I pretended to be taking pictures because it was too awkward to actually pose and smile with a huge crowd of basketball fans there.





As I mentioned, hair was uncooperative, so I pulled it back in a half-up with one of my favorite clips. My gray argyle sweater, warm cream scarf, jeans and boots made for a fairly typical outfit, unfortunately. I finished out this challenge with something of a fizzle. I wore gold hoop earrings, and I did try to do nicer than my usual every-day makeup, but my complexion is also not cooperating today (thus even less motivation for more detailed shots).

I will leave off with this quote from my favorite authoress which has been running through my head all day:

"Woman is fine for her own satisfaction alone. No man will admire her the more, no woman will like her the better for it. Neatness and fashion are enough for the former, and a something of shabbiness or impropriety will be most endearing to the latter." -Jane Austen

 

No comments:

Post a Comment