Thursday, May 16, 2013

"Little Letters": May 2013

Dear May, 
 Why are you going by SO FAST? I used to wonder what my parents meant by "time flies" but now I understand. It's somewhat terrifying, as the speed seems to be continually increasing. I'm beginning to worry how much faster time might seem to pass as the years go on.

Dear Green Tea,
 As much as I enjoy drinking you hot in the mornings, I think you're the best when prepared as iced tea with mint. The tangy flavor of the tea with a hint of cool mint in a refreshing iced drink simply can't be beat.

Dear little Volvo,
 If you would magically relent and allow the air conditioning to work for me again, I would really appreciate it. It would save me the money of having to take you to the mechanic to fix it, and you might like that better, too, right?

Dear lone Firefly,
 Your appearance the other night was quite timely. A little early in the season for you to be out, I thought, but I found your bold little flashes cheering all the same.

Dear The Mysteries of Udolpho,
 I am very sorry that length of my baby-sitting evening didn't allow me to finish more than the introduction, but I am very eager to read you, and hope I will have more time soon!

Dear Weather,
 The cold night that came and brutally killed many of our poor little garden plants was very unseasonable, and quite rude. So many of our pepper plants, a few basil, a couple cucumbers and 1 tomato may not seem important to you, but I assure you it was far too many to sacrifice to your whims. Please behave.

Dear Merlin,
 I didn't expect to like you all that much when my siblings and I watched the first episode. I usually try to avoid magic, and you're really kind of cheesy and silly sometimes, but in spite of all that I find that I'm slightly addicted now.

Dear Ice Cream Maker,
 The Triple Chocolate Crunch ice cream we made yesterday was amazingly delicious! Probably my new favorite flavor, and while you usually make ice cream making very easy, this was probably the easiest recipe I've made, besides plain vanilla! I'm thrilled!

Dear Green Rubber Boots,
 I'm devastated that I have managed to tear a hole in you. I am so sorry and sad. I will find some perfectly matching green duct tape as soon as possible to repair you.

Dear Piano,
 I'm very happy that you will be receiving proper care and attention in the form of some voicing and action regulation next week, but you will be very sadly missed! I'm both dreading and looking forward to the piano technician coming to take your keys and action away. But, the sooner you depart, the sooner you may return!

Like the "Little Letters" theme? Hop on over to Rissi's blog and join in the fun here!

 

10 comments:

  1. Merlin. Yes. :P Haha, this is cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Lizzie, please blog about how Udolpho is once you finish it! My library system doesn't have it (or The Romance of the Forest, wouldn't you know?), but I'm not sure I want to buy it without knowing if it's going to be enjoyable or horribly silly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely, I plan to! Just don't expect it very soon, Udolpho is long!

      Delete
  3. Yum to the ice cream!
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got the recipe from this e-book: http://just-making-noise.blogspot.com/p/just-making-ebooks.html

      It was delightfully chocolate-y.

      Delete
  4. I've tagged you! :) http://www.regencydelight-janeaustenetc.blogspot.com/2013/05/another-elevensies-tag.html

    I'd be interested to know what you think of The Mysteries of Udolpho upon further examination. Will it be very horrid? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Melody! I'll start working on it soon!

      I'll be sure to blog about it! I hope it will be! ;)

      Delete
  5. Yay! What fun these are, Lizzie! Love all your letters.

    Aw! I love Merlin. It's such a sweet show - cheesiness and all. Sad that it has now ended - I just hope once I see the ending, I'll be cool with it despite having read all those spoilers. ;)

    Thanks SO much for joining in the fun, Lizzie! Enjoyed seeing your version of this meme. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, Merlin can be so cheesy, but I'm really enjoying it. It kind of makes me feel like a kid, just enjoying a fun show and not looking for too much intellectual and realistic plots. I haven't read any spoilers, but I am kind of apprehensive about the end, because I have heard many folks weren't quite happy with it...

      It is a lot of fun, thanks for inviting us to join you! Otherwise, I wouldn't have wanted to be a copycat. ;) I look forward to doing more!

      Delete