Wednesday, July 31, 2013

"Little Letters": July 2013



Dear Summer,
 WHERE have you gone?!?!? I can't believe it's almost August. I always have so many wonderful plans for summer; so many things I plan to do with all the free time it seems like I should have - we better get busy!

Dear Volvo,
 Well, I guess I always knew you were going to make me take you to the shop and pay to fix the air conditioning. After how dreadfully hot it's been, I'm glad we got that done. Now you need new tires! It's always something.

Dear Blueberry bushes,
 I greatly appreciate the large quantities of blueberries you have obligingly supplied us! They are delicious with yogurt and granola, or simply by the handful. I don't know what I'll do when I have to go back to frozen blueberries. 

Dear Self,
 I hate it when physically I feel drained and tired but mentally I'm prepped for all sorts of projects, like reorganizing my bookcase or cleaning out my closet. Why must I feel like taking a nap instead? The conflict is causing me to get NOTHING done!

Dear Cousins,
 I'm so happy you all could visit yesterday! We had such a great time playing Settlers of Catan and chilling at the pool. I only wish y'all could have stayed longer! It was wonderful to see you.

Dear Endeavour,
 After all my professions of disliking every British crime show except Sherlock and some of Miss Marple's stories, you broke through my resistance, made me like you, and then left me hanging after 4 episodes. Come back!

Dear Swimsuit Designers,
 Is it too hard to make a reasonably priced swimsuit that is modest, in a nice, pretty-but-not-wild color with the kind of style I want and did I mention modest? Apparently, it's almost as difficult as finding jeans that fit. I'm still waiting.

Dear HIIT,
 Short exercise routines that are just as or more effective than longer exercises? Great, count me in! High-intensity is really exhausting, and those intervals seem a lot shorter during the training, but hey do I feel great afterwards!

Dear Merlin,
 I don't really know what to think. I can't believe the last season has ended. I still want more.

Dear ModCloth,
 You have too many cute dresses, and I can't buy all of them. But there are so many lovely ones! Someday, I will get one.

Dear Beach,
 I can't wait! We're coming back soon. So excited!

7 comments:

  1. I've had the same swimming suit for 7 years because, yeah, when you find one that doesn't make you look like you're either twelve or a tramp, you stick with it. Good luck in your search!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! Unfortunately, I have a very specific idea of what I want... I actually found one that was almost perfect, but they were totally sold out of my size (I looked EVERYWHERE on the internet), so sad. =\

      Delete
  2. Yippee! What fun these are. :)

    I never have need of a swimming suit because... well, I never swim anymore but looking through sale flyers makes me sick - the suits today are not "just" inappropriate they're unattractive and ill-fitting. So sad that girls degrade themselves by wearing such things. *sigh* If only they realized what it made them look like...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm having so much fun with them! =D

      My sister and I used to swim competitively, but since we graduated we kind of gave it up. So now that I don't have to buy competitive suits, I was hoping to find something more flattering, cute and modest to wear at the pool/beach and there's hardly any good options! It is really sad to see girls wearing those things.

      Delete
    2. Oh, that's neat to read about your sister and you swimming competitively. Bet that was fun. :)

      Yeah, I understated your dilemma. *sigh* Girls today have no respect for themselves.

      Delete
  3. I'm so happy you enjoyed Endeavour this summer! Make sure to watch last year's pilot film if you haven't already -- it is excellent. And the Morse series from the late '80s through the '90s, featuring an older Morse and a young Lewis? A classic. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yes, we're hoping to watch the pilot as soon as we can! And we actually just watched one of that Morse series last night! I didn't like the particular mystery very much, but it was fun to see young Lewis. Maybe the next mystery will be better. =)

      Delete