Monday, September 2, 2013

New Beginnings and New Outlook

Even though I no longer get back to school myself in the fall, the season still has a bit of a "beginning" feel to it for me. I teach piano all during the summer, but I do take some time off for vacation before I start back up for fall, so that reinforces the feeling. Summer has ended, the fun, relaxed portion of the year is over and it's time to get back to the hustle and bustle of life. I mentioned in a previous post that I was considering a new blog title, and sort of a new direction for my blog. 

 
I think I've finally settled on a name. I know I mentioned in the previous post about using "consecrated" in the title, since "Consecrated to God" is the meaning that I claim for my name. However, I looked up Elizabeth and didn't find that as one of the particular meanings (this site has a lot of variations) and I also did a Google search for my prospective blog title, and got a lot of Catholic things. I guess "consecrated" is considered a very religious word, now-a-days. 

Anyway, since I don't consider myself a religious person (I have a personal relationship with my God and Savior, King and Redeemer, not a religion) I decided on my current title: His Redeemed Child. It might not stick, I'm one of those people who tends toward redecorating way too often occasionally. I decided to go ahead and put it up (feedback is welcomed), and if it does stick, I may think about changing my URL.

Redeem:
1
a : to buy back : repurchase
b : to get or win back
2
: to free from what distresses or harms: as
a : to free from captivity by payment of ransom
b : to extricate from or help to overcome something detrimental
c : to release from blame or debt : clear
d : to free from the consequences of sin
3
: to change for the better : reform
4
: repair, restore
5
a : to free from a lien by payment of an amount secured thereby
b (1) : to remove the obligation of by payment redeem
s savings bonds on demand> (2) : to exchange for something of value <redeem trading stamps>
c : to make good : fulfill
6
a : to atone for : expiate <redeem an error>
b (1) : to offset the bad effect of
(2) : to make worthwhile : retrieve

Jesus does ALL of that for us! By His blood, He bought us back, He frees us, sanctifies and restores us, paid our debt for us, atoned for our sins.

Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us—for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who is hanged on a tree”— so that in Christ Jesus the blessing of Abraham might come to the Gentiles, so that we might receive the promised Spirit through faith.
- Galatians 3:13-14

But to all who did receive him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God - John 1:12

 

3 comments:

  1. I like it, Lizzie! My blog went through several name alterations before I settled on Musings of an Introvert. I totally get the need to try different names before finding the right one for you.

    And I loved your post on why you felt the need to make a change. We grow, we mature, and if we're willing to let the Lord change us all the better. It's sounds like you're reaching that point and I'm so happy for you. As another single Christian woman, it's hard putting the desire for marriage aside to focus on Him. Our lives get so cluttered with other desires!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carissa! I'm definitely happy with the new name so far.

      "Our lives get so cluttered with other desires!"
      That's such a great way to put it! Perfect visual. It's not that we have to stamp out all of our other desires, but they have to be in their proper place, under God's will and authority, and He the focus.

      Delete
  2. Be sure to let us know about the URL change if/when you do so, Lizzie. I've been considering a custom URL change but am unsure if I have the know-how to get through it. :)

    Congrats on the change - that is always fun.

    ReplyDelete