Thursday, October 17, 2013

Thankful Thursday

Linking up with Thankful Thursday at Grace Alone.
 

My morning routine begins with Bible reading, and my favorite place is on the front porch when the weather permits. It's getting colder, but it's not cold enough to send me indoors just yet. I take a blanket, wear my cozy wool socks and have a hot cup of tea to keep me warm. This morning, some lovely blue sky was peeking through the clouds that have been blocking out the sun for almost a week. I'm thankful for a beautiful, peaceful morning.

Late morning, getting brighter and clearer by the hour! Beautiful day.

Despite the rather gloomy weather, it has been a nice week, calm and a little less busy than usual. Today is one of my least busy teaching days, only 3 students. I'm so thankful for my wonderful students, and a job that allows me to be home so much.

I'm thankful for my family, who are all my closest friends. We don't always get along perfectly, but we're consistently improving, and it's so fun to have maturing relationships with my siblings who used to seem so much younger than me, but now are my equals in adulthood.

I'm thankful for fall, the crisp, cool weather and the yummy honeycrisp apples that are now available.

I'm thankful for my God, who gave us all the beauty in this world, showing us His majesty, and who loves us so much that He sent His only Son to die for us, so that we could be saved and spend eternity with Him.


"Satisfy us in the morning with your steadfast love, that we may rejoice and be glad all our days." -Psalms 90:14

 

1 comment:

  1. Lizzie...
    How are you dear friend. I am just so happy to announce the winners and you are the lucky one :)
    http://delvalinatuanger.blogspot.com/2013/10/the-winners.html
    talk to you soon.

    Blessing,
    Delvalina

    ReplyDelete