Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Easing Into Etsy

Hello lovely friends!

I've been contemplating opening an Etsy shop for quite some time, so I've finally taken the first step, and listed an apron that I sewed a few years ago. It's been sitting around for a while, so I decided it would be worth the chance to sell it! 



Here's the link if you want to check it out! 

Any advice for selling on Etsy, or just selling handmade products in general? I'm excited, but feeling a little over my head, and uncertain how I should run my shop. I'd like to offer custom fabric choices, because I have a large stash, but more listings help the shop be more visible... but at the same time however, there are already a lot of aprons available on Etsy, and I don't want to make a bunch of aprons if they'll end up not selling. 

I also have some 18" doll dresses, I should probably go ahead and list those too. Except I'm much more tempted to keep those in case I have daughters some day! 

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

2 comments:

  1. Go for it, Lizzie. Etsy is a little intimidating, but it's been a good learning experience too. (My mother and opened a jewelry store last year.) Wishing you all the bests with this new venture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it Liz! You are such a creative person it almost look like an elegant dress :)
    I was thinking bags, purse, or you redecorate journals, skirt, :) doll dresses it's such a pretty idea too.
    I am blessed to be your friend here my friend.
    Have a wonderful day!
    Love,
    Delvalina

    ReplyDelete